To replace an MR16 socket, follow these steps:
- Turn off power supply: First, turn off the power supply to the MR16 socket at the circuit breaker.
- Remove bulb: Remove the bulb from the socket by gently pulling it out.
- Remove socket: Use a screwdriver to remove the screws that are holding the socket in place. Once the screws are removed, gently pull the socket out of the fixture.
- Disconnect wires: Carefully disconnect the wires that are connected to the socket. Note the location of each wire, as you will need to reconnect them to the new socket in the same way.
- Install new socket: Take the new MR16 socket and reconnect the wires to the correct location. Then, gently push the new socket back into the fixture.
- Secure new socket: Use a screwdriver to secure the new socket in place with the screws.
- Replace bulb: Once the new socket is securely in place, insert a new MR16 bulb into the socket.
- Turn power back on: Finally, turn the power supply back on at the circuit breaker and test the new MR16 socket to ensure it is working properly.
Note: If you are not comfortable working with electricity, it is recommended to hire a qualified electrician to perform the replacement.
How to replace mr16 socket？ MR16 bulbs have two pin connectors. While the GU10’s use a push and twist method of connecting to the light bulb socket. the MR16 simply push in place with metal clips also gripping the edge of the bin base.
They use a separate power supply, either an old type transformer or a newer switch mode to convert 250v AC mains to 12vDC. A transformer is a hefty box while most now use a switch Mode Supply, easy to make.
MR16 LED bulbs are an energy efficient way to replace MR16 halogen lights. 12v LED MR16 bulbs are also available in a wide range of beam angles including MR16 LED spot lights and MR16 LED flood lights.
The 2W LED SMD MR16 offers a beam angle of over 160 degrees for a very wide LED floodlight beam. The narrowest MR16 LED beam angle we offer is 15 degrees. Other beam angles include 30, 38, 50, 60, 72, and 160 degrees.
MR16 LED replacement lights also come in a wide range of color temperatures from warm white LEDs to commercial white LED and multi color RGB LED. How to replace mr16 socket？
mr16 socket are available in the standard two pin GU5.3 bi-pin base as well as the E27 LED medium screw base. The products shown here are all the GU5.3 bi-pin base type, for other 2-inch diameter LED light bulbs please refer to the E26 & E27 LED section of the site.
There you will find R20 and PAR20 bulbs that have similar shapes to MR16 LED lights but have an E26 or E27 LED base type.